Thread: syntax / expression question

Beans

syntax / expression question

hi everyone,
    I am not sure exactly what the correct term for this is that is why I used the names I did in the title of this post. I came across two values while researching udev rules and was hoping someone could tell me what they mean? Or what there called so I can research them more. I am familiar with wildcards *[]? but not these %k and %s they seam to have something to do with file systems and also got lots of php errors when I tried searching them but I think that has more to do with the search bar reading them. Well any names or really anything would be great.
    Thank you,
    Jason

Beans

Re: syntax / expression question

This may shed some light on the subject

http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man1/date.1.html

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Code:
    $ man udev
    explains.

Code:
           $kernel, %k
               The kernel name for this device.

$attr{file}, %s{file}
               The value of a sysfs attribute found at the device where all keys
               of the rule have matched. If the matching device does not have such
               an attribute, and a previous KERNELS, SUBSYSTEMS, DRIVERS, or ATTRS
               test selected a parent device, then the attribute from that parent
               device is used.

If the attribute is a symlink, the last element of the symlink
    I can't imagine what php has to do with anything. Nobody would ever use php for a udev need.

Beans

Those are string substitutions. You can find a list of the existing substitutions and their meanings at https://www.freedesktop.org/software.../man/udev.html just before the end of the document.

Holger