Thread: pointer wiggles side to side using touchpad

Beans

Question pointer wiggles side to side using touchpad

Hello All,

I recently revisited Ubuntu after 2 years, I am pleasantly surprised at how far it has come. I installed Ubuntu 10.04 LTS and have a problem that is very annoying, it's my only one and it would make Ubuntu a perfect (for me) OS to run if I can get some help in fixing it.

I am running a Compaq 1.6 GHz Presario with touch pad and scroll strip on the same touch pad area. When my finger rests on the touch pad it wiggles the pointer side to side. Also my pointer control area seems to overlap into part of the scroll area and causes my pointer to take off to the right when I get too close to the scroll area. It appears that the pointer control area is smaller than the available touch surface.

I am a newbie at this so please help with steps that I can follow. Thanks!!

Best Regards,
    Nick

Beans

Question Re: pointer wiggles side to side using touchpad

Is there a file I can open to set the wiggle rate or any settings I can use? The touchpad tab is useless, it does not solve the wiggle. I went to the HP compaq site and downloaded the synaptics driver for XP on my memory stick. Is there a way I can use that driver? HELP!!!!

Nick

Beans

Re: pointer wiggles side to side using touchpad

I have this problem too and looking for a solution. Don't see anything useful in synclient -l output, unfortunately.