Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Graphics Problems with ATI Radeon Xpress 200M in Ubuntu 10.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: Graphics Problems with ATI Radeon Xpress 200M in Ubuntu 10.04

I've got the same problem. It is worse with the 'Show terrain' option unchecked in Googleearth options.
    I'm using a motherboard with an on board Radeon 2100 chip, Ubuntu Maverick and the ATI open source driver.
    It appears this combination may be the problem. Someone else on here told me the fglrx closed source drivers work, but these drivers do not support this chip set (and a bunch of others) on kernels past 2.6.29.
    So, at least in my case, it appears to be a problem with the ATI open source drivers.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

One thing to try is add "nomodeset" to the kernel parameters. Edit /etc/default/grub and change the line starting GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT= from "quiet splash" to "nomodeset quiet splash"

You will get an ugly boot splash screen, but this fixes the graphics corruption problem seen in Google Earth on Radeon 200m's and x1250's using the open source driver.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

One thing to try is add "nomodeset" to the kernel parameters. Edit /etc/default/grub and change the line starting GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT= from "quiet splash" to "nomodeset quiet splash"

You will get an ugly boot splash screen, but this fixes the graphics corruption problem seen in Google Earth on Radeon 200m's and x1250's using the open source driver.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234