Thread: grub repair not solving my boot problem. I wish to share grub repair summmary

Beans

Unhappy grub repair not solving my boot problem. I wish to share grub repair summmary

I installed ubuntu on dual boot on a windows laptop. Lots of things stopped working and finally I could not boot again to Windows. Only to ubuntu. I tried Grub repair but it did not solve my boot problem. I wish to share grub repair summary to check what else can I do to repair by dual boot and come back to windows login
    Please help

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 24.04 Noble Numbat

Re: grub repair not solving my boot problem. I wish to share grub repair summmary

See Boot-Repair in my signature below and follow the instructions to run the boot-info script.

Do not run any default repair, simply run the boot-info script and copy back here the ubuntu-pastebin link you are shown so members can see all the info.

Beans

Re: grub repair not solving my boot problem. I wish to share grub repair summmary

I agree the best next step is boot repair. You said "lots of things stopped working" but did not indicate if that was on windows or Ubuntu or both. That would be helpful as well as more specificity on what "things" stopped working. If your windows boot files are corrupted, boot repair will not be able to fix that.