Page 40 of 59 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: Desktop Info App With Html Support (gtk-desktop-info)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Desktop Info App With Html Support (gtk-desktop-info)

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce M. View Post
    Warning Partial quotes:

My friend some of us love you for creating the Open Source you have sweat and toiled over to share with us to use.

There are a LOT of people here (and other distros I might add) that appreciate the work you have done and the support you give.

Lets hear it for K!

HIP HIP ...

{listening}

...RY RANDALL!!!
    damnit
    HOORAY!!!
    hippyrandall.com | This is the first age that's paid much attention to the future, which is alittle ironic since we may not have one. -- Arthur Clarke

Beans
    Hidden!

Well ok, just for my friend:

Hip Hip-py Randall!
    HOO-RAW!

Beans

Thanks for this amazing app. For anyone who's interested: it works fine with Enlightenment / e17 too (bling module, provided that your gnome wallpaper is the same as your e17 one; ecomorph gives difficulties with black outline).

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by VCoolio View Post
    Thanks for this amazing app. For anyone who's interested: it works fine with Enlightenment / e17 too (bling module, provided that your gnome wallpaper is the same as your e17 one; ecomorph gives difficulties with black outline).
    Would it be worth me adding e17 to the --windowmanager option?

How would I go about getting the wallpaper settings programmactically within enlightenment? Any config file that stores the path??? command line tool to call etc?

On the ecomorph front, is there an equivalent option in it like the one I mention for the compiz workaround in the guide?
    Last edited by kaivalagi; May 2nd, 2009 at 11:39 AM.

Beans

Hi, thought about adding e17 but it works with .edj files in which the wallpaper is stored, so that may be too much asked (you would have to somehow extract the .edj-file and then get the wallpaper; but the --wallpaper option works fine and also it uses the gnome-wallpaper by default, which then must be the same as the e17-wallpaper of course).

And thanks for the tip, but I don't know yet what the black outline exactly is (it belongs to the window border I think, but disabling window borders doesn't help). When I find out I'll post here. But while e17 as a whole works pretty good despite pre-alpha status ecomorph still has some flaws. As said, with bling no problems.

Beans
    Hidden!

gtk-desktop-info Update

UPDATE

I have put together two new plugins

• “twitter” - this plugin provides information on all your twitter friends, shown newest to oldest - note: to get running at the very least enter your username and password into the config file copied to ~/.config/gtk-desktop-info/plugin_twitter.config
    • “processinfo” - this plugin provides process information, telling you a processes id, cpu usage and memory usage. The information can be sorted by cpu or memory usage

The plugins are accompanied with default config, style and template files.

Package changes

gtk-desktop-info: https://launchpad.net/~m-buck/+archi...source.changes

gtk-desktop-info-data: https://launchpad.net/~m-buck/+archi...source.changes

The apt packages for both intrepid and jaunty should be available shortly

Chimo

Edit: I've aded a couple of screenshots showing the default output for the new plugins (for the --colour=green option which I use)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kaivalagi; May 9th, 2009 at 08:32 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: gtk-desktop-info Update

Fantastic. Running Jaunty here. Will update ASAP. Thanks for your continued efforts!
    Guides: Medibuntu. Dell laptop fans.
    Running 8.10 on Dell Vostro 1500 with Openbox. Using WINE for gaming.
    Follow me on twitter.
    Email me.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Thanks kaivalagi for adding processinfo. This is wonderful.

Beans

Hi! I'm still new to linux, and trying to learn how everything works. I can't quite seem to work out how to get this up and running. I seem to have managed to get everything to install properly, but I have no idea how to get the scripts to run. ^^;;

Is there a tutorial somewhere out there that one of y'all could be kind enough to post for me?

Thanks.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by cailamaia View Post
    Hi! I'm still new to linux, and trying to learn how everything works. I can't quite seem to work out how to get this up and running. I seem to have managed to get everything to install properly, but I have no idea how to get the scripts to run. ^^;;

Is there a tutorial somewhere out there that one of y'all could be kind enough to post for me?

Thanks.
    Take a look at the guide, it talks you through the significant areas and gives details on an example script which runs the app several times for various plugin options. Also by running "gtk-desktop-info -h" you will get some brief details on options too.

You can open the guide by running the "gtk-desktop-info.guide" command, it assumes you have evince (pdf viewer) installed. Alternatively the pdf file can be found in /usr/share/gtk-desktop-info/
    Last edited by kaivalagi; May 10th, 2009 at 11:06 AM.

Page 40 of 59 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast